From: Rob van der Heij [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 12:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: patch problem

At 10:40 27-05-02, Tim-Chr. Hanschen wrote:

>Than I tried to reboot the new kernel.... the system run into a corrupted
>filesystem situation... when I booted the old kernel again, the error of
>the filesystem seems to be cleared...

A popular path to confusion and despair, encouraged by the defaults
in the kernel configuration, is to select CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT=y when
you have not configured devfsd yet or adjusted fstab to deal with it.
The devfs gets mounted on top of /dev which means Linux can not find
the /dev/dasd* entries anymore that lead to the disks that hold the
rest of your filesystem.

Rob