On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 12:48:17PM -0400, Kittendorf, Craig wrote:
> Anyone install libpcap on Linux/S290?  If so, where did you get the package
> and what is involved to install it?  We have SuSE 7.0 install in an LPAR.

Hi Craig - Like Mark said, it comes on that version of SuSE. It works
ok, but you might want to upgrade to a newer version if you want to use
Ethereal or anything that uses the callback interface for packet traces.
There are some issues with older versions, not really bugs, just
differences of opinion between some apps and the libs ;-)

SuSE 7.0 also shipped with a libpcapn, which I think was a patched
version of libpcap. I moved up to the latest version so Ethereal would
work better. Here's a paper I wrote on the subject:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/os/linux/ldt/netdebug.html

Also, your previous question about promiscuous copy is answered in the
paper (Sorry, I missed that question when you asked before)

Hope that helps!

Mike

--
I don't need no booze or drugs