> Dougie,
>
> I suspect having an /etc/fstab that uses the disk labels, rather than device
> names would be the way to go if you want to be able to flip-flop between
> devfs/non-devfs.

If you do that, beware of attaching disks from other Linux systems. Many times
I've attached a root disk from another system then found myself using the wrong
one;-(

Filesystem labels are a fine idea, but I think the implementation needs some
refinement. Along the idea of what VS1 used to do to us;-)

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
        be right!