Hi again,

well, luckily a reinstall doesn't take long, because doing it doesn't seem
to remove this particular symptom.

Both cpint and km_cpint are installed now, but /sbin/cpint_load still gives
me a missing module error.

I think the right thing to do is simply create the cpint.o module with make,
running make against the /usr/src/kernel-modules stuff, but when I tried
this earlier, not knowing anything about make and using "make -f
Makefile.module", I got errors like

vmsles1:/usr/src/kernel-modules/km_cpint # make -f Makefile.module
make -I/usr/src/linux -f ./Makefile.module CPINT_SECOND_PASS=1 CPINT-compile
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernel-modules/km_cpint'
./Makefile.module:18: /usr/src/linux/Makefile: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux/Makefile'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-modules/km_cpint'
make: *** [compile] Error 2

If this is the right thing to do, how do I do it?

If it's not, what is?

Any questions, hints, tips, etc. appreciated.

thanks for your time,

Peter Bishop
CSS Mainframe Service Line
EDS Asia Pacific