I recently upgraded to apache 1.3.26 so I could attempt to get WebSphere
for Linux/390 working.

I am getting some interesting errors:

When I configure with --enable-module=include --enable-module=so
--prefix=/usr/local/apache and do the make install

The apache httpd task fails to start when the following are added by the
WebSphere install process

LoadModule
app_server_http_module/opt/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/mod_app_server_http.so
WebSpherePluginConfig /opt/WebSphere/AppServer/config/plugin-cfg.xml
AddModule mod_app_server_http.c

if I add --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max

I get errors on the following sections of directory structures

#
#
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Specifically:  Invalid command 'Order', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the server configuration.
Comment out the Order allow,deny and the same error appears for Allow from
all.

if I remove the --enable-shared=max I get the same error for the WAS added
stuff

Invalid command 'Order', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration.

Everything works when I use the first configure example and leave the
plug-in stuff off of the apache httpd.conf file - on port 9080. I'm just
trying to weld WebSphere and Apache so that WAS uses port 80.

If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate any insight you might have.