Hi,

here is a standing problem in redhat linux , if any of you have the
solution please send it across:

Details:
OS: Redhat Linux kernel version 2.4.7-10 & 2.4.19
Wireless Extension : 14
Wireless card: Lucent Orinoco Silver card
Driver for the card: orinoco_cs driver(IEEE 802.11b)

Let me explain my situation here:

1) When i try to run the iwevent it hangs up.This
iwevent is very important because i need to find the
details abt the information iam gathering and also the
beacon interval.

2) I tried applying the orinoco_cs patch for version
0.11b.The patch is updated in the orinoco.11b
directory.But still the iwevent hangs up.

3) Actually when i compile the files it says implicit
declaration of min_t,max_t error.So to avoid that i
found the pcmcia-cs package from david hind's
website.When i apply the patch it says the patch is
rejected in orinoco_cs files.And i have the .rej
files.But that doesnt give me any info abt the iwevent
thing.

4) So i went ahead and updated the kernel version to
2.4.19 but now it is not even recognising the driver
for the card(meaning iam just hearing 1 high beep and
1 low beep,instead of 2 high beeps).

Can you suggest me anything to get the iwevent
running?

Thanks and Regards,
Sabari Arasu