> I'd like to explore moving some OS/390 VSAM files to Linux on the 390.
> Can anyone point me to some appropriate resources? I would like to stay
> with VSAM (ISAM, C-ISAM, etc.) files, since some of the code that uses
> those files is written in assembler. Record locking would be necessary
> however.
>
> A web Search did not turn up much of any useful information.

 Paul,

   You should look at C-TREE from Faircloth... it's used by
 a lot of people to implement VSAM-like functionality on
 many platforms.

   However, I think you might be hard-pressed to re-use
 your existing assemlber code on Linux/390.  The calls
 will be totally different (there are no "macros" to
 invoke in Linux), everything will be in ASCII,
 entry/exit linkages are different, etc...

        - Dave Rivers -

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com