Hi,
      I'm trying to get my feet wet by bringing up Marist distribution from
tape in an LPAR environment.  Cannot get network connectivity.  (This seems
to be a common problem as I've looked through the archives of this list, but
do not see an exact match to my problem, so . . . )  I'm wondering now
whether I should be doing something different or whether OSA-Express is
supported by Marist.  Any help/advice would be appreciated.
      I've tried several variations.  Right now the device is configured in
the IOCDS as type OSE.  When it comes up I see

Detected device 0090 on subchannel 01C5 - PIM = 80 PAM = 80 POM = FF
Detected device 0091 on subchannel 01C6 - PIM = 80 PAM = 80 POM = FF
Detected device 009E on subchannel 01C7 - PIM = 80 PAM = 80 POM = FF

and

SenseID:  device 0090 reports:     Dev Type/Mod = 3088/60
SenseID:  device 0091 reports:     Dev Type/Mod = 3088/60
SenseID:  device 009E reports:     Dev Type/Mod = 3088/62

I answer 2) for osa ethernet to "Select the type of your network device:"
and
noauto=1 devno_portno_pairs=0x0090,0 to "Please type in the options for the
lcs module:"

After answering network questions, I get
        Bringing up interface lo
                   [OK]
        Bringing up interface eth0

and it just hangs there forever.