Lionel,

No more upsetting that the fact that OS/390 requires an IPL to do the same
thing.  Maybe IBM will fix that before they work on z/VM.

From: Lionel Dyck [mailto:Lionel.B.Dyck@;kp.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 1:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: time change

So z/VM is not intelligent enough to do this dynamically?

That is upsetting given how many times this has had to be done since VM
first left the lab.

IBM: Any chance this is addressed in a future release of z/VM?

Lionel B. Dyck, Systems Software Lead
Kaiser Permanente Information Technology
25 N. Via Monte Ave
Walnut Creek, Ca 94598

Phone:   (925) 926-5332 (tie line 8/473-5332)
E-Mail:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sametime: (use Lotus Notes address)
AIM:        lbdyck

Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/22/2002 10:17:50
AM:

> zVM will not adjust its own time.  You can use the DEFINE TIMEZONE and
SET
> TIMEZONE commands to change the time for VM. Be sure to adjust your
SYSTEM
> CONFIG file accordingly.  Guest systems, however, may not take this
well.
> CMS will not automatically adjust.  If you have processes running under
CMS,