I increased the ramdisk, but it still fails. I wiped out the whole
thing and started over with a clean minidisk, and everything started
working. LOADER now completes the transmission of netstg1 and goes on
to set up the DASD. Evidently something happened to my initrd.img when
I FTP'ed it the first time. The byte counts look the same, but it sure
works differently.
Thanks for your help.

=====