Paul, here is a piece of the workbook that we are using in class:

        The site recommends using version is 1.3.0 RPMs, however, they do
        not work with the s390 architecture, so the source tar file,
        Bastille-1.3.0.tar.bz2, is used. Also you need to install Perl
        curses or Tk modules, depending on what mode you want to run in:
        curses mode (-c) or Xwindows mode (-x).

          http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=403&release_id=78589
        To install Bastille, do the following:

        Install Curses or Tk perl module. (you need to install only one!)

          If you prefer to run Bastille using Curses, untar and install
             Curses:

             # cd /usr/src
             # tar xzf /mnt/labstuff/security/bastille/Curses-1.06.tar.gz
             # cd Curses-1.06
             # perl Makefile.PL
             # make
             # make install
          you can also use the rpm from the same website as Bastille :
             Bastille-Curses-module-1.3.0-0.5mdk.noarch.rpm --nodeps

          If you prefer to run Bastille using Xwindows, install the Tk
             module

             # rpm -ivh
             ../labstuff/security/bastille/Bastille-Tk-module-1.3.0-0.5
             mdk.noarch.rpm --nodeps

        Untar Bastille :

          # cd /usr/src
          # tar xjf /mnt/labstuff/security/bastille/Bastille-1.3.0.tar.bz2
          # cd Bastille
          # chmod +x Install.sh
          # ./Install.sh

        You can run Bastille in Xwindows mode with the command
        ./InteractiveBastille -x. You must be in a KDE window to run this
        command or have access to Xwindows. If you prefer to run in curses
        mode you have to change the -x parameter for a -c .This will begin
        the security interview (read the descriptions of each proposed
        action! - they are very informative).

Carlos :-)

Saying goes: Great minds think alike - I say: Great minds think for
themselves!

Carlos A. Ordonez
IBM Corporation
Server Consolidation

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           paultz          |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           >               |
|         |           Sent by: Linux  |
|         |           on 390 Port     |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           RIST.EDU>       |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           10/30/2002 11:04|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to Linux on 390 |
|         |           Port            |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                           |
  |        cc:

  |               Subject:      Re: Bastille for RH 7.2 on L/390

Hi, Carlos.

No problems ... I just started looking for this yesterday and all I
could find was an i386 RPM.

Just wondering if others on this list knew of an s390 RPM or how they
went about installing.

Thanks,
Paul

From:         Carlos Ordonez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:      Re: Bastille for RH 7.2 on L/390

We have Bastille running on SuSE. RedHat is supposed to be the distro
for
Bastille. What problems are you having? Carlos :-)

Saying goes: Great minds think alike - I say: Great minds think for
themselves!

Carlos A. Ordonez
IBM Corporation
Server Consolidation

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           paultz          |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           >               |
|         |           Sent by: Linux  |
|         |           on 390 Port     |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           RIST.EDU>       |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           10/29/2002 03:58|
|         |           PM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to Linux on 390 |
|         |           Port            |
|         |                           |

  |        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

cc:

  |               Subject:      Bastille for RH 7.2 on
L/390

Does anyone have Bastille working on RH 7.2?  Is there an s390 RPM
flavor?

Thanks,
  Paul