I am trying to clone my SLE system running in LPAR mode to another LPAR.  My
lan addresses are different as well as the IP address.  I am able to do a
DFDSS backup of the volumes, restore them to new addresses, IPL from the
CDROM, update PARMFILE, ZIPL, and IPL successfully on the new DASD and LPAR.
But I can not configure the network.  I am looking for something like the
NETSETUP command on the boot CDROM.   Because I am using a MP3000, and the
system messages area as my console, I can only use command line commands.
Does anyone know of a way to re-configure this thru command line?  Or even
booting from CDROM and chroot over to the system?  It looks like IFCONFIG
will help with switching the IP address, but I need to change the definition
of ETH0 to use a new address and port number.

Thanks,

Donna Awald
Director of Systems Architecture
Empagio