I am running the following Redhat 7.2 kernel under VM 4.3 connected via the OSA2 FDDI
network
Linux version 2.4.9-17 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc version 2.95.320010315 (release))
#1 SMP Fri Nov 23 19:45:36 CET 2001
The following is the challenge I am getting
It appears as if proxy ARP is replying for ARP requests for the wrong MAC/IP address
combination. The machine responds to ARP requests for the 2216's which causes all
connectivity to the production mainframes to fail from devices on the FDDI ring. The
problem can be seen on any UNIX machine on the FDDI ring by looking at the ARP table -
the IP address for  the 2216's point to the test mainframe instance. When we remove
our VM from the ring everything works fine.

Any extra info needed I will be happy to provide.

Thanx
Moloko Monyepao
OS390 System Programmer
arivia.kom