* James Melin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-11-13 08:10]:
> I don't know if I need the full open SSH installation on the os/390 side or
> not. I need a shell that I can have an os/390 automation tool use to get
> into linux via SSH.  Something similar to putty on windows. An SSH client
> that I can make use of like I would telnet is the ideal.

That is realistically the bare minimum that ssh will do for you. If
there are ANY versions that work, they will have the ability to have a
terminal connection to an sshd process on the server machine you are
connecting to. Where differences will start cropping up is in the types
of encryption that are available, the level of automation using keys
(whether you can use a null passphrase key to connect without a
password), etc. It sounds like ssh1 is available, while ssh2 is
questionable. This is not exactly a problem, but ssh2 would be
desireable if possbile because of enhancements it its security model.

--
David Rock
[EMAIL PROTECTED]