On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 12:46:23AM -0500, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Hello again from Gregg C Levine
>
> Adam, just for fun, what sort of hardware are you running this under?
> And is it Debian? Or somebody else? Yeah, try it. Mount the pack, R/O,
> and see what happens, and let us know what happens.

H70, running z/VM 4.3, running Debian 3.0 under that.

Changing the device node's permissions won't do anything, because root
can override permissions anyway.  The pack is r/o in the sense that my
virtual machine only has a read link, not a write link to it.  It's also
r/o in the sense that I'm mounting it as a read-only filesystem.

Adam