Davy,

Except he's running 2.2.16, which doesn't have chandev.  In 2.2.16, the
driver parameters are either specified on the parmline for the kernel, or in
/etc/modules.conf.

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Davy Michiels
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 4:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Network connections

To set up your vCTC PtP connection you should edit /etc/chandev.conf

There should be a line :
"ctc0,0x900,0x901"

In your /etc/rc.config you should also modify the network interface

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Abruzzese, Pat wrote:

> I have cloned an image of Linux. SuSE 7.0 - 2.2.16 I checked
/etc/rc.config,
> /etc/route.conf and have found nothing in these files. Is there another
way
> to change the IP address of this image and the peer address. I'm using
VCTC
> 900 & 901 how do I define these to
> Linux, they are in both tcpip and linux directory entry and I have a
couple
> statement in the profile exec's.  This Linux image was installed by
someone
> else and I don't have any documentation about the installation or
> modifications.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        ('>     -> WARP :: http://www.warp.be
        //\     -> Asian Project :: http://www.clients.warp.be/asianproject