> if I have 50 linux images running under VM and
> each of them have a root user, can I have a different
> password for each of them?

There are lots of options here, depending on exactly what you're trying
to achieve. Personally (as one who hates to remember different
passwords), I would rather have one ID and password, and use security
policy to control which systems I'm allowed to connect to. But if I
prefer, I could just as easily have a different root account/password on
each system. Or a mixture of both. The exact details vary depending on
which security product (ACF2, Top Secret, eTrust Access Control) you're
working with, but in general all of the system entry validation features
of the security products apply.

Vince Re
Computer Associates