I want to install a product on my SuSE 7.0  2.2.16 image. The product
resides on CD. I am using SDI TN3270PLUS in VT100 mode
on my desktop which has a CD drive. The Linux image runs under VM/ESA 2.4.0
so I don't think I can use the CD from the desktop.
I was thinking about down loading the CD to a file on the PC the use FTP on
Linux to load the product.

I used YaST to change the CTC0 IP addresses, I use VI to edit /etc/rc.config
and the change is there but when I shutdown and restart Linux I can't reach
the network. The VI editor works much better when using the VT100 mode vs
3270.

I can connect to the network using 'insmod -Y ctc setup=0x900' then
'ifconfig ctc0 172.xx.x.xxx pointopoint 172.xx.x.xxx netmask 255.0.0.0 mtu
1492' but I would like to get this to happen when I boot Linux.