I am seeing my HTTPD server starting in the console

Starting Name Service Cache Daemon
..done
Starting inetd
..done
Starting httpd [
 LDAP PERL ]
..done
Master Resource Control: runlevel 5 has been reached

but when I try to connect I get connection refused as though the server is
not running.
If I manually start the apache web server it comes up fine. before I started
httpd I did not see anything with netstat -a that showed http anything
listening. After the manual start I saw http-www listening

tcp        0      0 *:www-http              *:*                     LISTEN
550/httpd

Any Suggestions on where I can look to help with more information.

            \|/
           (. .)
TIA, ___ooO-(_)-Ooo___, Larry Davis