On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:12:45 +0200, Noam wrote:

>Hello all,
>i was wondering if anyone knows what kind of machinme i need
>to run about 30-40 z\linux images on z\vm for sap-erp purposes, and still get
>good performance, or where i can get that information.

First place that comes to mind is SAP ? Though they probably won't have
it either, but at at least you'll get them going for a while :-)
Before you talk to them, agree with yourself or your customers what
"good performance" is. And how it is measured and all that.

I worked with some guys from HP a few years back - they defined
good performance mostly in response-time - anything of 3 seconds or
less, they called inter-active, anything more then 3 was batch.

have fun,

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.