Ralph, this is something we put together for a class we are teaching, hope
it helps....

(See attached file: Crypto.pdf)

Carlos :-)

Saying goes: Great minds think alike - I say: Great minds think for
themselves!

Carlos A. Ordonez
IBM Corporation
Server Consolidation

|         |           "Noll, Ralph"      |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           tate.ar.us>        |
|         |           Sent by: Linux on  |
|         |           390 Port           |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           T.EDU>             |
|         |           12/16/2002 02:24 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Linux on 390 Port  |

  |        To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                           |
  |        cc:

  |               Subject:      FW: Apache on zSeries with SSL

> I cannot get SSL (secure sockets layer) working on the z-box.
> I have loaded, reloaded, configured, re-configured, looked on the
> internet, in short tried everything I know to fix the problem.
>
> The installation of apache from source (and related packages) went
> according to plan. The new apache works fine in normal http mode.
> However, once apache is put in https mode (startssl) - which starts
> apache up just fine with no errors, you then cannot get to any page
> using "https://lrnet/";.   The browser just hangs, no
> messages, no errors,
> it just hangs.

we have zvm 4.3
linux 390 zvmlinx1:~ # uname -a
Linux zvmlinx1 2.4.17-SuSE #1 SMP Thu Feb 28 14:28:29 GMT 2002 s390x
unknown
zvmlinx1:~

any ideas

thanks