From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
John Summerfield
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 4:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Yet Another IBM Conspiracy Theory

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Mark Post wrote:

Ok, now someone's stolen an entire Redbook, and all the Open Source tools
that came with it (at least as far as _I_ can tell).

Someone sent me an offlist email indicating that the "Open Source Software
for z/OS and OS/390" Redbook has been made to disappear, as well as the
software that it discusses.  I checked the FTP server, and there was a
readme.txt file there indicating that all the software had been moved to
IBM's "UNIX Tools & Toys" web page, which was what I recalled had been

done

with it.  When I went to that page, though, there was a notice that said
"The Ported Tools section is being serviced and is not available at this
time."  Now, just what that means is unclear to me, but taken with the
Redbook being missing, it's rather odd.

Does anyone know how long the Ported Tools section has been down for
"service?"  Does anyone know where to find the official copy of the

Redbook?

Is this time to disseminate unofficial copies?

Is it in the Google cache?

--

Cheers
John.