Thomas,

What does your parmfile look like when it works, and what does your parmfile
look like when it fails?

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Thomas Emde
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: LVM problem

Hi,

I use SuSE Linux/390 7 (2.2.16, quite old I know). I had two 3390 disks put
together in a volume group and several logical volumes running.
I added a third 3390 disk to the linux (VM minidisk and added to parmfile,
ran
silo etc). During reboot vgscan reports that no volume groups
can be found and after that of course the logical volumes are not existent.
When I remove the new disk from my parmfile the lvm devices are found
again...Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated.

mit freundlichen Grüßen/with best regards
Thomas

=