If this turns out to be the problem, you might also try to force your ftp
server to ACTIVE mode connections only and tell your client to use ACTIVE
(port 20/21) instead of PASSIVE. If you can't seem to get your Security team
to work with that, try getting them to allow ssh traffic and tunnel ftp
through ssh (the encrypted traffic normally makes Security folks smile and
the solution does work well).