I currently have LINUX-390 running a file server and a print server in
production on a 9672-RB5, zVM 3.1, no FPU. I have been running this for over
a year with no problems.  We are looking at a z800 and will be able to do
more with LINUX for zSeries in the future.  I think that if LINUX-390 will
install, it should do OK with what you have listed, the install will be the
real challenge.

Loren Charnley, Jr.
Tech Support Administrator
Family Dollar Stores, Inc.