From: Eric Bielefeld [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 4:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Network Connectivity to Linux

 I will be doing the install this weekend of an IOCDS to support Linux.
Then I will be ready so start installing Linux.   I still don't understand
how I'm going to put this in our network.  We have a Cisco Router, which has
16 addresses available on our MP3000 on an Escon channel.  I guess I need a
Claw driver for that, but until I install the Claw driver, I'm kind of
confused as to how I get connectivity to the network.  We have TCPIP running
in our PROD Lpar.  I gather I can use that somehow, but I'm not sure how.
Any advice?  I don't like the MP3000 console's console support.

I'm planning on downloading a distribution from RedHat.  After talking to
our Unix guy here, he thought I would learn a lot more by doing it that way
than ordering a distribution.  I may change my mind though.

This list is great!  A lot like the IBM-Main list I also subscribe to.  I
set IBM-Main to NOMAIL as the 2 lists were way too many emails each day.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. MVS Systems Programmer
P&H Mining Equipment
Milwaukee, WI
414-671-7849
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

+++++++++++++
This electronic mail transmission contains information from P & H Mining
Equipment
which is confidential, and is intended only for the use of the proper
addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately at the
return
address on this transmission, or by telephone at (414) 671-4400, and delete
this
message and any attachments from your system.  Unauthorized use, copying,
disclosing, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents
of this
transmission is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.