On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:17:21PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I'm surprised not to find an Emacs mode for emulating this environment,
> since the feature sets seem to have a lot of overlap.

EMACS has a lot of wired-in assumptions about how editors are supposed to
work that make implementing a true WordStar compatibility mode impossible
(such an effort founders on differing ideas of marking text: W* separates
beginning and ending marks from the current cursor position). I'd be
astounded if someone were to make an EMACS mode that acted like ISPF, and
suspect that it'd be no less complex than writing it from the ground up in
C.