Or they or Boeblingen can figure out how to get those drivers to allow the
guest to drop from queue.  One other possible symptom is that your system
load never goes below 1.00.  That's what I'm seeing on my 2.4.19 systems
anyway.

From: Barton Robinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 2:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Timer patch on 2.4.19

One thing Vic, I learned from Rob a couple weeks ago.
For some reason, servers using QDIO, CTC, etc (Other than
IUCV).do not drop from queue, thus go into queue 3, thus
do not get their storage trimmed.  This is of course badness.
As Rich pointed out, to see if the timer patch is working,
look at the CPU utilizatin. But because of queue drop issue,
q3 is not the method of detection.
Hopefully Endicott can come up with a better approach to
allow storage trimming....