Thank you!

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/12/03 08:50AM >>>
This was passed to me because I was in Russ' address book so check yours
systems

Dear All,

A virus has been passed to me by a contact. My address book in turn has
been affected. Since you are in my address book there is a good chance you
will find it in your computer too.

I followed the direction below and eradicated the virus easily. The virus
(called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee anti-virus
systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It
is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book whether r not
you sent emails to your contacts.

Here is how you check for the virus and get rid of it.

1. Go to start, find or search option.

2. In the file/folders option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe

3. Be sure to search your C: drive and all the subfolders and any other
drives you may have.

4. Click "find now"

5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT OPEN
IT

6. Go to edit (on the menu bar), choose "select all" to highlight the file
without opening it.

7. Now go to the file (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go
to the recycle bin.

IF YOU FIND THIS VIRUS,YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.

To do this:

(a) Open a new e-mail message

(b) Click on the icon of the address book next to the "TO"

(c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

(d) Copy this message above and paste to e-mail.

(e) Enter subject

Apologies for the inconvenience and to those of you who have had this
message several times from different people!
Ralph Pollock
Director, Software Business Strategy
Software Group
IBM
Somers, New York

914-766-1345
T/L 826-1345
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Director, Technical Strategy
IBM Software Group
Phone: 914-766-1193  T/L 826-1193
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Route 100,  Somers, NY  10589

Sincerely,

Russell Kojima

IBM Global Services, Linux and Open Source Strategy and Solutions
Office: (925) 600-7219   T/L: 544-9092
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ibm.com/linux

Craig Moody