Having those entries is what allows you to do "ifconfig eth0" and have the
lcs module loaded automatically.

From: Abdullah Al-humaid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 5:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: using lcs module with two type of adapters?

the kernel is 2.4.7
They -WERE- the typical erros when you load a module
about IRQ and stuff.
I was trying to pass him the addresses but it fails.
thanks to your answer I figured I do not have to do
insmod anymore. now all I do is ifconfig eth0 .... and
it works.
Now my question is how important arethe following
lines in modules.conf for the adapters configuration
at boot:
alias eth0 lcs
alias tr0  lcs