Marian,

You want this in /etc/modules.conf
alias eth0 lcs

From: Marian Gasparovic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 11:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: configuring debian390 under hercules

Hi all,
I posted this question to hercules mailing list too,
but got no answer, could anybody here help please ?

I try to configure network on debian390 under
hercules. Hercules runs on Mandrake on PC.
I am able to use ctc under debian390 and I want to
configure lcs as well but I am limited by my
knowledge. LCS for hercules is configured like
0B00   LCS --dev /dev/net/tun --oat debian.oat

debian.oat contains
0B00  IP  00  PRI 192.168.5.10
HWADD 00 12:12:12:12:12:12
ROUTE 00 192.168.5.10 255.255.252.0

On debian390, under /etc/modutils there are
alias lcs0 lcs
and
lcs-1,0x0b00,0xb01,0,0,0,0
and update-modules was ran

When I start debian390, I get

Starting lcs module  $Revision: 1.128 $ $Date:
2002/03/01 16:56:47 $
with chandev support,with multicast support, with
ethernet support, with token r
ing support.
debug: lcs: new level 0
lcs_sleepon network card taking time responding
irq=0004 devno=0b01,
please be patient, ctrl-c will exit if shell prompt is
available.
eth0: ip v6 supported no enabled no
eth0: multicast supported yes enabled yes
HHCTU024E tap0: Invalid gateway address: NULL.
lcs: eth0 configured as follows read subchannel=5
write subchannel=4
read_devno=0b00 write_devno=0b01
hw_address=12:12:12:12:12:12 rel_adapter_no=0
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
lcs0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such
device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
lcs0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such
device
done.

What am I doing wrong ? When I ipl debian390 from
virtual tape I am able to setup LCS
Thank you

=====
 Marian Gasparovic