On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Jeremy Warren wrote:

> Does anyone know of a simple/quick way to setup a GUARANTEED read-only
> access to a linux guest?
>
> Maybe some type of read-only telnet/ssh daemon?  I couldn't find a switch
> to either of them.

Of course not. Think on what they do.

> Basically I need to grant read-only access to a system to a group of users
> so they can look at an application,

It's not exactly ro, but how about using a separae virtual machine for
the purpose?

Rub it out as soon as they leave.

Next suggestion is to set up a chroot environment for the application.
This is most easily done with Debian (on Debian) which has a script for
the purpose. Again, it's not exactly ro, but you do get to rub it out
when they're finished.

--

Cheers
John.