Lionel,

The best writeup on the Web I know of is at
http://freebooks.by.ru/view/SambaIn24h/ch12.htm

The fact that the PDC will remain on Windows means the users and groups
will remain on Windows.  So you will need to use winbind to authenticate.
The trick is in migrating the data and the issue of migrating the ACLs tied
to the files/folders on Windows to Linux.  I've heard robocopy (part of the
Windows resource kit) and preferably xxcopy (just google, there's a
trial/shareware version for free) copy recursively and copy ACLs, so the
basic model would be set up your big logical volumes and test (I'd
recommend ext3 file systems - you'll need the "acl" parm in fstab), set up
Samba+winbind and test, get SMB mounts from the Windows servers and
recursively copy.

Hope this helps.

          -Mike MacIsaac, IBM  mikemac at us.ibm.com   (845) 433-7061

Lionel Dyck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 06/12/2003 11:49:36 AM

Please respond to Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:    Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>