What was the format of the mount command that you used? (i.e. what options
were specified, just enter mount to display this stuff). If you haven't try
specifying intr and soft as options. This way you should be able to kill
things without a re-IPL. Also what rsize/wsize did you specify? What's the
MTU between the Linux guest and NFS server? Are you using NFS v2 or v3? If
v3 are you using TCP/IP rather than UDP?

Neale