Craig,

 You bring up a good point.  But if AOL were to drop Netscape, users
would still have an alternative since Netscape is built on the Mozilla
browser architecture, which is separate from AOL (iirc).

Peter I. Vander Woude

Sr. Mainframe Engineer
Harris Teeter, Inc.

Craig Kittendorf wrote:

> Although, I wonder how much longer Netscape will last since AOL
reached an
> agreement to continue using MS Internet Explorer.
>
> Craig

Good point. However, the use of Netscape as a beginner's teaching tool
does have some advantages. The most compelling is that the browser and
website composition tool are packaged together in a free, easy to learn
product with online tutorials only a click away. Sure, you might not get
all the bells and whistles of a full blown development package but you
have to crawl before you can walk. Train the Scout troop to use
fundamentally sound basic web page design concepts as supported in
Composer and the online community will not be forced to view another
page crammed full of graphics with broken links that takes multiple
minutes to load.

Bill Stermer
EDS - City of Anaheim