We did our Disaster Recovery test last week and recovered 3 production linux
instances and a test instance in addition to the standard zVM and OS/390
instances. We do all of the full-volume DASD backups under OS/390 using
DFDSS. The DR vendor's floor system is used to restore all the DASD and then
we IPL zVM and run our OS/390 and linuxes almost as if they were back home.
Minor changes to directory entries are done for the variable devices like
printers/telcom/graf/claw etc. zVM does an excellent job of keeping OS/390
and Linux from needing to know anything about the REAL device addresses.

/Thomas Kern
/301-903-2211