We're trialing it.  We've recommended to the powers that be here that we
purchase it.  Now, Brad's just got get them to sign - the delays being
mostly the organizational transitions going between mainframe and
distributed groups than any thing else.

We started with the 1.0 trial - did that in June.  They came on site
and we installed together (which was a great opportunity for us to
pick up Linux skills from the experts).  We have one instance running
under 1.0 - we stopped with that because 2.0 was right around the
corner.

We're still getting 2.0 setup but so far so good.  The product does
look nice.  We have eaten up our DASD farm by cloning the old
fashion way (just DDR'ing, changing IPs/hostname, etc) and most
of our staffs time (mainly me & a little of another) just maintaining
the instances (we have 15-20).  We'd really need another FTE to keep
going as we have been.

Levanta will let you share all of the file systems and what's needed to
be r/w is - invisibily to you through their MapFS.  Very cool.
So, each instance only needs enough extra space for it's unique
things.  So - I won't have to spend all my time making minidisks
and doing copies.

Our current method of creating instances makes it hard to keep the
patches up to date and keep unique sets of RPMs on instances.  Security
here does not like "extra" sw to be installed - only what is needed -
so creating a huge /usr with all packages is not a good plan either.
I looking into sharing some of the stuff - it's not trivial - esp. when
your a vm person primarily and linux secondarily :).  With Levanta, you
don't worry about any of that - it all happens automagically.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

Oh, the folks there at Linuxcare are the best - fun to work with and very
responsive (they helped me out today with reading cd's :).

Marcy Cortes
Wells Fargo Service Co