Hi Alex,

> Hi,
>
> If you did get MySQL to authenticate with PAM as that module suggests,
> surely it would authenticate by whatever method the linux PAM
> system does -
> is the base linux system on which the MySQL with that module
> been setup to
> authenticate of windows? If not, I would suggest getting PAM
> to authenticate
> first, then try it again with that MySQL module.

I never actually tried it yet.  I just took a look at the module and it
appeared that passwords were still required in the database.  But, you've
gotten me to thinking about it a bit more and I think I might try it and the
winbind pam module anyway.  With a few creative grants, it might just work.

Thanks,

Leland

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
message.