Gene,
Is your "minidisk" going to be a full volume? If so, then there is no need
to do anything. Just change the directory entry to use an MDISK statement
where the starting cylinder is 0 and the ending cylinder is END. This
assumes that you are using CDL formatted Linux volumes.

I doubt that there is any way to use DDR to "copy" a Linux volume unless the
receiving DASD is identical to the source DASD (I.e. the same type of DASD
and the same number of tracks). I have copied three "full volume" 3390-1
formatted Linux volumes onto three different MDISKs contained on a single
3390-3 volume. But that is because a -3 has three times the cylinders as a
-1. So I just "stacked" them.

If you want to resize your Linux DASD, then you will need to create new
MDISKs for the new DASD, format it under Linux and copy it under Linux. I am
not aware of any VM level way to resize a Linux filesystem DASD.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its' content is
protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete
this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this transmission, or taking any action based on it, is
strictly prohibited.