From:   Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of Michael Short
Sent:   Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:23 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: Technical Specs

This seems to be borne out by an article in IBM's Journal of R&D. It has a
z-900 with 1.09 ns cycle time rated at 918MH. Article can be found at:

http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/rd46-45.html

The section on first and level packaging.

                                               To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      Mark Post                cc:       (bcc: Michael Short/Towers
Perrin)
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  Re: Technical Specs
                      et>
                      Sent by: Linux on
                      390 Port
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      IST.EDU>

                      12/10/2003 12:46
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Linux on 390 Port

Actually, I believe they do.  Take the cycle time (which I believe they do
publish somewhere) and invert, and voila.  I seem to recall from some
comments that Barton Robinson made many months ago that the first
generation
zSeries boxes were 200Mhz machines (5ns cycle time).  I'm sure someone who
knows for sure can confirm or refute that.