If anyone out there is using LDAP v2.1 with SLES8 for their authentication
I am looking for assistance.  I seem to have everything configured and
working just fine except I seem to have a problem with the forcing of a
password change.  If you execute a passwd --help you will see that you can
force a password change for a user on next login with the -e argument.  I
execute this and get Change to login shell failed.  I am able as a user
and / or root to change a users password by typing passwd.  It seems
though the -e flag is causing issues.

Anyone have an idea what I need to do or how to address this?  And at this
time I am not running Kerberos with my LDAP, everything is done in the
LDAP.

thanks!
Eric Sammons
(804)697-3925