On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 18:05, Alan Cox wrote:
> Wouldn't this depend on the price per instance and the number of
> instances, as well as the availability of both options ?

Well, I believe that there are few (note: I'm *not* saying "no") good
reasons to run Linux/390 in any context other than VM.  And, so, no,
because if you're using Linux/390 in a cost-effective manner you're
almost certainly in a situation where you're using multiple instances
per CPU.

I suppose in theory the per-instance price could be low enough that this
wasn't a problem, but then, how do you ensure license compliance?  One
of the great things about VM is the ease with which you can set up and
then destroy instances.  How do you enforce a per-instance license in
that scenario, anyway?

Adam