SuSE SLES7 has a "puttytel" in cd1/dosutils.

SuSE SLES8 has a "putty" in cd3/dosutils.

I could not find one on RH7.1 or RHEL-AS-3, but that
doesn't mean they might not be there.

Whether the use of putty is logical or not, many of my
users are used to a telnet environment and they can
use putty to get to other *IX platforms beside Linux
(some of these other platforms are not up to speed
with ssh).

Unfortunately, whenever I put in a release of Linux, I
do have to open the telnet and ftp ports so that the
users have a single interface to all *IX platforms.

=====
Jim Sibley
RHCT, Implementor of Linux on zSeries

"Computer are useless.They can only give answers." Pablo Picasso