From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Richard Troth
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 2:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.4.24 qeth.o - unresolved symdol show_trace

> I don't know what you're doing wrong (using --dry-run perhaps?), but when
> applied the patches that were intended for 2.4.23 against 2.4.24, I got no
> such errors.  When I apply the 2.4.21 patches, I get no messages at all.

Phase II of my report on fixing my self-inflicted problems.
Yesterday,  after re-stamping the .diff files for 2.4.23,
they applied cleanly to 2.4.24.   But now that kernel won't build.
HOWEVER,  I re-stamped the 2.4.21 patches and applied them to
the generic kernel of the same release.   Clean patch,
clean build,  and she's up and running right now.
This is the one with IUCV and DCSS stuff in it.

KEEPING IT ON TOPIC:
I am also having trouble with qeth.
Perhaps this kernel (and the qeth.o from it) will work.
That is a step for a little later,  perhaps tomorrow.

I DID FIND
that while running 2.4.21 and having
just built a fresh 2.4.21 with the corrected patch order,
'depmod' spewed numerous errors about unresolved symbols.
After rebooting and coming up on the new kernel,  'depmod' ran
without complaint.   A bit of a "catch 22" on that?

-- R;