Well I can answer that two ways

I have this installed within WebSphere:

rockhopper:/FileServer # /opt/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin/java
-fullversionjava full version "J2RE 1.3.1 IBM build cx390131-20030618"

and this installed everywhere else

rockhopper:/FileServer # java -fullversion
java full version "J2RE 1.4.0 IBM build cx390140-20020830"

So I would say that both JRE's should be easily attainable from IBM.
Including the one you want.

             Neal Scheffler
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ler.com>                                                   To
             Sent by: Linux on         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Linux/390, JDK and ODBC

             02/25/2004 08:33
             AM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

Hi,

I have a customer looking at moving an application to Linux/390. I have
RedHat linux 7.2 installed.  He has asked me a couple of questions I cannot
answer without some research.

In the interest of giving him a speedy response, does anybody know the
answers to his questions?

1. What versions of JDK are available for Linux/390? We need JDK 1.3.1.
2. Is there an ODBC driver for DB2?

Thanks for any responses,
Neal Scheffler
DaimlerChrysler