I'm looking for some backup products to trial on Redhat Enterprise Linux 3.0 on
zSeries.  CA Enterprise Backup and Tivoli Storage Manager do not support that Linux
distribution.  Has anyone tried either of those products, despite the lack of support?
 If so, do they work?  Are there any backup products that are supported for RHEL 3.0
on zSeries?  We'll be running under z/VM 4.4, and would like to use our STK silo and
its 4490 or 9840 tape drives.  I've read David Boyes proposal for using Amanda with
disk files, that are NFS mounted and migrated to tape with DFSMS and TSM.  Giving
Tivoli's lack of enthusiasm for z/VM, I'm hesitant to use any solution that involves
Tivoli.

                                                       Dennis

"I've changed my mind.  I want to go back to acting."  -- California Governor Arnold
Schwarzenegger, joking during the State of the State speech, 6 Jan 2004