I know I am going to mess up the Client Server relationship for Windows
Managers on Linux, but here goes my question.

How are people configuring their environments to export their displays to a
remote system?

I can do the DISPLAY=x.y.z.a:0.0 and export DISPLAY manually, but this is
not practical for different users, with different shells

I can put something in /etc/profile which I believe gets executed by
everyone, kind of like the SYSPROF EXEC on z/VM. I have little experience
with shell scripts, and this may not be the right place.

The whole Idea is that all users on zlinux under z/VM must use an external
window manager. The default for the DISPLAY environment variable is
DISPLAY=localhost:10.0 which really needs to be remote-IP:0.0

The question is how can I do this for the default for all users

Supposedly SSH -X remote-host is also suppose to do this for you, but not
here. I am such a newbie

TIA,    \|/
       (. .)
Larry Davis, 6-2380