From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Marcy Cortes
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 2:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Let Linux use Cyl 0?

Well, technically VM only cares if the volumes are attached to SYSTEM
(uservol include in SYSTEM CONFIG).  If you use DEDICATE to assign them to
Linux guests, then VM shouldn't much care, unless one of your Linuxes
decides to label them something like 440W01 or something then watch out for
fun at next IPL time.   Not that I would ever do it that way - I didn't even
give cyl 0 to MVS when we ran that as guests.   I would think the only
reason you'd want to do it is if you have to at times run in an LPAR without
VM.

Marcy Cortes
Wells Fargo Services Co