Post, Mark K wrote:

He could always use 104 and 105 for the read/write channels, and 103 as the
data channel.

But that was the point Bruce and I were fighting about. If you were
attaching the 3 devices of a tripod to a virtual machine you could, but
if you define a VSWITCH you specify the first of the 3 consecutive
devices. There are several odd examples in DEFINE VSWITCH, and since
Bruce reports it worked, we can conclude CP figures out which one to use
for what. In 3 consecutive addresses is at least one even address so it
can be done.

Rob