As part of our looking into server consolidation I have been asked for
some numbers related to
the number of full time employees needed to manage 'n' number of servers.

I've been told the industry average is 1 FTE for 15 Unix servers and a
consulting company we had
in reviewing staffing suggested 1 FTE for every 40 servers.

I was wondering what y'all see as a reasonable number of FTEs for 'n' Unix
servers and how that
changes with virtual servers under z/VM using Linux.

thx
Lionel B. Dyck, Systems Software Lead <><
Kaiser Permanente Information Technology
25 N. Via Monte Ave
Walnut Creek, Ca 94598

Phone:   (925) 926-5332 (tie line 8/473-5332)
E-Mail:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sametime: (use Lotus Notes address)
AIM:        lbdyck